Strong Viking Obstacle Run has been voted best obstacle run in the Netherlands five times in a row and is now the largest Obstacle Run organization in Europe. Of course we are extremely proud of this, but it doesn't stop there! With the expansion of our events to different countries in Europe, we are also looking for real Vikings who want to conquer the world with us! Are you the Viking we are looking for? Let us know with a motivation letter and your CV! See the overview below for vacancies:
Are you looking for a fun and educational internship, where you will be given a lot of responsibility and can really express your passion for content and social media? Are you like a fish in the water in the world of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and TikTok and are you also very interested in online marketing? Then come intern at Strong Viking!
What are you going to do?
We are looking for someone who can support us in the development and execution of our social media platforms. There are also various ad hoc activities in the field of branding & online marketing that will be on your plate. In short, an internship where you will gain a lot of different experience!
Develop new Strong Viking Social platforms.
In collaboration with our content marketer, prepare social planning.
Execution and scheduling of all social post on all platforms (IG<FB, LinkedIn)
Coming up with creative inhakers & where possible executing them independently.
Provide support for other marketing activities such as events and PR.
What we provide
- Inspiring workplace full of energy and dynamism.
- Working with a team of enterprising and young professionals.
- International work environment!
What we ask
- Creative and 'Social wise'
- Collaborative ability
- Communicatively strong
- Available for six months
- You must be enrolled in a college or university program
Who are you working with?
You will primarily work directly with the Content creator and junior marketers on our team. Our team is small so in practice you will work with everyone and be able to learn from colleagues with extensive experience in strategy, content creation, marketing and e-commerce.
- You are in your 3rd or 4th year of your HBO or WO education, preferably in the direction of marketing, communication, commercial economics or related field
- Being active on social media is in your second nature; you like nothing better!
- You speak a nice word of English
- You are energetic and find it fun and challenging to do many different things
- You are creative, dare to speak your mind and enormously eager to learn
- And, of course, you love sociability and have a sports mindset.
Are you the perfect candidate for this position? Then contact us via organisatie[@]strongviking.com
and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
We are again looking for new crew members for our events. Are you the one we are looking for!
Strong Viking is a young company in the event industry. We organize Obstacle Runs and Trail Runs with more than 100,000 participants every year. Would you like to be part of our team and join us for as many as eleven events in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany? Then let us know now!
As a construction crew member you will be responsible for building, running and dismantling the Strong Viking events. At most locations you will stay in a hotel together with the rest of the team. You will work outside at different and special locations.
Work is diverse and includes:
- Setting up and taking down the obstacles.
- Logistics work
- Construction and dismantling of the course using ribbon, arrows and fences
- Assist in setting up and dismantling the start/finish area with tents, fences, banners, etc.
- Assist on the course or start/finish area during the event weekend.
You are someone who enjoys working in a team, being outside in nature and you have the following attributes:
- Sees work
- Not afraid to get dirty
- Basic technical knowledge
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic colleagues
- A social and safe working environment
- Accommodation in hotels and three meals a day
- Advancement opportunities
- Work for short periods or longer periods
- Travel reimbursement
Our events take place from April through July and September through October. Are you ready to join us in our adventure?
Then send your motivation and CV to HR[@]strongviking.com.
Always been curious how we organize our Strong Viking runs? By signing up as a crew member you can see what happens behind the scenes and you will receive great perks!
As a thank you for your help, you will receive from us:
- One free ticket to a Strong Viking edition of your choice*
- Een originele Strong Viking bidon
- A nutrition package
- A Strong Viking sports shirt
- A great experience and deep respect from all the Strong Vikings!
*Please note that an additional fee is required when activating an Iron Viking and OCR Series ticket.
A day as a crew member you will start between 7:30 and 8:00 and will last approximately until 18:30. Below is an outline of the schedule. Please note, it may vary slightly on the day itself!
· Space for a cup of coffee/tea
· Explanation of tasks by your coordinator
· You will be taken to your post
· Event site opens, participants come to register
· Registration tent and checkroom open
· First start of participants
· You will be working at the registration tent/cloakroom/starting boxes/on the course/finish tent or medal point.
· Finish tent opens
· First finisher expected
· Final start of participants
· You are engaged in other tasks explained by your coordinator
· End of the day
As a crew member, you will help perform light duties. All tasks can be found below:
· Registration tent - You are the first face the participants encounter! At the start of the event, participants come to you to pick up their starting bands.
· Wardrobe - Participants come to you to drop off their luggage. You provide them with bands for their wrists and bags so they can come back to retrieve their secured luggage after the event.
· Course employee - As a course assistant, you are co-responsible for the course. During the event, thanks to you, participants can safely follow the course and you will help them while overcoming obstacles by encouraging them.
· Refreshment station - Along the way, participants will be offered care from Strong Viking. You make sure that food and drinks are replenished so that the participants don't lack anything!
· Finishtent - After finishing the run, all participants will receive a finish shirt. You are responsible for replenishing the shirts and issuing them.
· Medal point - The participants have finished! Some participants get a medal. You make sure they get the right medal to take home.