Being a part of the Strong Viking Team for a day?
JOIN THE STRONG VIKING CREW!
Always been curious how we organize our Strong Viking runs? By signing up as a crew member you can see what happens behind the scenes and you will receive fun extras!
As a thank you for your help, you will receive from us:
- A free ticket to a Strong Viking edition of your choice*.
- An original Strong Viking gymbag with Strong Viking water bottle
- A nutrition pack
- A Strong Viking sportshirt
- A great experience and deep respect from all Strong Vikings!
*Please note that an additional fee is required when activating an Iron Viking and OCR Series ticket.
Click here for an impression of a day as a volunteer.
A day as a crew member starts between 7:30 and 8:00 and will last approximately until 18:30. Below is an outline of the planning. Note that this can vary slightly on the day itself!
· Time for coffee/tea
· Tasks will be explained by your coordinator
· You will be guided to your post
· Event area opens, participants come to sign up
· Registrationtent and luggage storage are opening
· First start of the participants
· You will be active at the registrationtent/luggage storage/startarea/at the track/ finishtent or medalpoint
· Finishtent opens
· First finisher is expected
· Last startwave of the day will start
· You are engaged in other tasks explained by your coordinator
· End of the day
As a crew member, you will help perform light duties. All tasks can be found below:
· Registration tent - You are the first face the participants will meet! At the start of the event participants come to you to pick up their gear to start.
· Luggage storage - Participants come to you to drop off their luggage. You provide them with wristbands and bags so they can pick up their secured luggage after the event.
· Track employee - As a course employee you are co-responsible for the course. During the event participants can follow the course safely thanks to you, you encourage them and you help them to overcome obstacles by motivating them.
· Food supply post - Strong Viking offers the participants food along the way. You will make sure that the food and drinks are replenished so the participants don't lack anything!
· Finish tent - After finishing the run, all participants will receive a finish shirt. You are responsible for replenishing the shirts and issuing them.
· Medal point - The participants have finished! Some participants get a medal. You make sure that they get the right medal to take home.
Have you become enthusiastic yet? Then sign up using the form below!
* Do you have a specific interest in one of the tasks? Let us know in the 'question'-window! We try to take your wishes into account as much as possible.
Stories from our volunteers
I have volunteered at Strong Viking seven times since November 2021. For me, the atmosphere and friendliness are reasons why I love to volunteer. The vibe during the event is super, because of this the day flies by and I am enjoying the whole day. In addition, the crew is super and every event day is one I won’t forget."
Together with a good friend we wanted to join a Strong Viking edition. Since we don’t see each other frequently we wanted to have a full weekend program. Saturday doing volunteer work together and Sunday running the run. This was a great opportunity for us to directly participate in the run the next day for free. We have only done it once, but after this weekend we immediately agreed that it is worth repeating! The work is relatively easy and we made a party of it together. The day flew by and we became even more excited to run ourselves the next day. We stood together at the finish line and the atmosphere was very good and you could see the fatigue and satisfaction on the faces of the participants. So motivating these people for one last pull up for the finish beer was rewarding work.
In addition, SLAM was playing some great songs and so the atmosphere was great!