Welcome to Strong Viking's website. Below you will find our various policies, terms and conditions. By visiting our website and/or participating in our events, you are accepting and agreeing that you understand and will abide by our terms and policies.
Terms and Conditions
The below terms and conditions are applicable the Strong Viking Obstacle Runs and it's sub-activities as well as the Family Obstacle Run.
Article 1; Definitions
- Event; The event the Strong Viking Water Edition, Strong Viking Mud Edition, Strong Viking Hills Edition, Strong Viking Brother Edition, Iron Viking, Ultra Viking Family Obstacle Run and OCR Series.
- Participant; the natural person who is registered for participation with the organizer of the event.
- Agreement; the agreement involving the participation of the participant in the event.
- Organizer; Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH
Article 2; Participation
- Participation in the Event is only possible by the Participant when he/she has filled out the registration form completely, truthfully and if the registration fee has been paid in full.
- The Participant has to participate in the Event in person.
- The minimum age for participants at the Event differs based on distance. 4km - Family: minimum age of 5 years old (or turns 5 years in that calender year), 4km - Beginning: minimum age of 12 years old (or turns 12 years in that calender year), 7-13km: minimum age of 14 years old (or turns 14 years in that calender year), 19km: minimum age of 16 years old (or turns 16 years in that calender year) & the minimum age for the Iron Viking & Ultra Viking (42km) is 18 years old. The Organizer is permitted to ask the age/start number of the Participant before and/or during the Event. If after checking, the Participant does not meet the minimum age requirement, the Organizer is allowed to remove the Participant from the course.
- Participants are allowed to transfer contract-rights to others. This transfer can only be done by completely and truthfully filling out the specific form provided by the Organizer at www.strongviking.com. Transfer of the ticket can be done no later than three days prior to the date of the Event. Transferring towards another event is not possible. Under law, problems concerning any online purchase can be taken up with the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR).
- If the Participant is unable to take part in the Event, the paid registration fee will not be refunded.
- The Organizer may decide, on the basis of exceptional circumstances, to cancel an Event. A decision of the Organizer to cancel an Event does not mean that the Participant will get the registration fee refunded and the Organizer cannot be made responsible for any other costs involved.
- The Participant must follow instructions from staff or volunteers of the Event at all times. It is also required to wear the provided 2-layer polyester shirt. In the event of repeated or severe misbehaviour, the Organizer reserves the right to prevent the Participant from participating in the Event at all times without having to claim costs incurred or other fees involved.
- The Participant is not allowed to wear shoes containing studs, cleats or spikes during participation in the Event.
- The Participant agrees not to engage in any commercial activities on behalf of the Organizer, without having explicit permission from the Organizer.
- For safety reasons, the Organizer is permitted to use cut-off times during the Event. The Participant is then obliged to run a shorter distance than originally communicated on his/her ticket. During the Event, the Participant must adhere to the aforementioned decision made by the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right to accompany the Participant(s) to a shorter distance or to the finish when crossing junction points after the communicated cutoff times. The actual cutoff time at junction points varies by Event whereby the minimal walking/running speed of 4km/h is considered as the standard. It is then deduced that the Participant can take up to 4 hours to complete the first 13km of the 19 km distance track, and up to 2 hours to complete the first 7km of the 13km distance track. The Organizer owes no compensation to the Participant when applying a cutoff time.
- The Participant is responsible at all times to participate in obstacles in a safe and responsible manner. Therefore, the ability to swim is a requirement in all water-related obstacles and a Participant with a pacemaker and/or other heart disease is not permitted to participate in any obstacle that contains electricity. During the Event, the Participant always has the option to skip any obstacle when he/she does not wish and/or dare to participate in it.
Article 3; Responsibility
- Participation is at your own risk. The Organizer is not responsible for any damages, whatsoever, that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation. The Organizer will also not be responsible for any loss, or damage to the Participant’s property.
- If, despite the provisions of the first paragraph, responsibility of the Organizer for damage to the Participant must be adopted, the obligation of the Organizer for compensation of the damage will be limited to the amount that the insurance of the Organizer pays in respect to the damage that has occurred.
- The Participant must be insured against the risk of damage, which he/she or a survivor may suffer following his/her death, injury or illness caused by his/her participation in the Event.
- The Participant declares that he/she is aware of the fact that participation is only possible in good health, in both the mental and physical sense, and declares that he/she meets this requirements and that he/she has trained or is fully prepared in any other way for the Event.
- The Participant shall compensate the Organizer for any damage caused to third parties as a result of an act or omission attributable to the Participant in relation to the Event. The Participant must be insured against the risk of liability for incurred damages. In addition, the Participant acknowledges the fact that the majority of the track takes place in wooded areas, uneven paths and/or other off-road terrain where the chances of injury are greater due to slippery surfaces, roots, branches and other natural objects and therefore the Organizer cannot be held liable.
Article 4; Image rights
The Participant grants permission in advance to the Organizer for disclosure of photos and other imagery made during or around the Event in which the Participant may be visible.
Article 5; Personal data
The personal data provided by the Participant to the Organizer is incorporated in a file. By entering the Agreement the Participant grants permission to the Organizer to use personal data and send information to the Participant and others, if needed. The Participant will be allowed to indicate, at any time, an objection to the sharing of any or all personal information available by sending an e-mail to the Organizer. The Organizer will then respectively stop sharing any personal information available. By entering the Agreement the Participant grants permission to the Organizer to disclose his/her name and publish competition results. For example, the Participant’s information could end up on the Internet or in a newspaper.
Article 6; Images of the participants
The Organizer has the right to use image material, which is made by a Participant during the Event, and publish it in any medium without mentioning the owner of the source.
Article 7; Facebook promotion
- By entering a competition on the Strong Viking Run, Strong Viking België, Strong Viking Danmark, Strong Viking Deutschland, Family Obstacle Run & Family Obstacle Run Deutschland Facebook pages you are agreeing to the Organizer storing and using your information for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third parties unless you specifically agree to us sharing these details. You can opt-out at any time by unsubscribing from emails or emailing us directly.
- Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
- Entrants are providing information to the Organizer and not to Facebook.
- Personal data obtained during this promotion will be shared to the respective third parties in charge of carrying out the promotion (i.e. collaborators, partners).
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) An EU resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of the Organizer.
- The promotion is only open to participants with a Facebook account which represents a physical person with a real name. A participation with a fake identity and/or company page is not permitted.
- Participation is free. Participation into promotions takes place when you ‘Like’ and/or comment on the promotional post.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be chosen at random or by a jury within the Organizer.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and the Organizer reserves the right to amend the competition terms & conditions and end date at any time without notifying the Participant.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you through Facebook. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within 7 days, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
- The prize cannot be transferable to another person.
- No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash, tickets or services.
- If an advertised prize is not available, the Organizer reserves the right to offer an alternative prize.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. We may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the competition rules page.
- By participating we assume that you have read and agreed to these terms.
The information contained on www.strongviking.com website (the "Service") is for general information purposes only and is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH assume no responsibility or liability for errors, omissions or reliability in the contents on the Service.
In no event shall Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service.
Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH reserve the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents on the Service at any time without prior notice.
Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH do not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
External links disclaimer
Strong Viking Group B.V. / Strong Viking GmbH website may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Strong Viking Group B.V. and/or Strong Viking GmbH.
Please note that the Strong Viking Group B.V. / Strong Viking GmbH do not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH do not take responsibility for the information or content of such third party sites. Links to such third party sites are not to be taken as an endorsement by Strong Viking Group B.V. and/or Strong Viking GmbH of the third party site, or any products promoted, offered or sold on the third party site, nor that such sites are free from computer viruses or anything else that has destructive properties.
Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH do not take responsibility for the collection or use of personal data from any third party site. In addition, Strong Viking Group B.V. and Strong Viking GmbH do not accept the responsibility for the accuracy of the third party advertisements.
This website offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Strong Viking Obstacle Run and the Strong Viking logo are trademarks of Strong Viking Group B.V. and subject to copyright. Furthermore any and all publications on the Service, unless stated otherwise, are the intellectual property of Strong Viking Group B.V.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
By using this Service, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this Service.
Last updated: 15 August 2017