Saturday 31 July
Prepare yourself for the upcoming live editions! Set yourself a goal this summer and challenge yourself with a fysical challenge! The Virtual Edition counts for your Medals-for-LIFE!
After the success of the last Virtual Editions, we added the different disciplines to all our Virtual Editions! This makes it possible, besides the Viking100, to do the Virtual Edition via one of the following disciplines: Mountain biking (MTB), Cycling, running and/or hiking! So do you have friends / family / colleagues who always wanted to participate in a Virtual Edition, but for whom the Viking100 was just too heavy? Send them a message that they can also participate during this Virtual Edition and start earning their Strong Viking medals!
How many kilometer can you make in one day?
Of course the Virtual Editions counts for the Medals-for-life-system! So did you participate in one of earlier Strong Viking editions this year or last year? Then you will receive your medal (the week after you finished) by post at your home! Didn't you participated yet in a Strong Viking event but are you still willing to collect your medals? Then of course you can run two Virtual Editions for your first piece of honor! A reward to be proud of! A ticket for the Strong Viking Virtual Edition costs only €11.95!
Choose your distance/disciplines, complete the challenge and upload your running app route map, to complete this unique challenge!
IMPORTANT! THINK ABOUT SAFETY!
- Participate individually and/or at most with as many people as is allowed in your region, but always keep 1.5 meters distance from each other!
- Avoid busy areas such as forests and recreation areas, plan your own route and start from the front door of your house!
- Take others into account and only pass if the 1.5 meter rule stays secured!
- Don't push yourself to your limit. This will temporarily weakens your resistance!
- Always adhere to the regulations that apply in your country / region!
We recommend that you complete the Virtual Edition individually and avoid any risk areas! If you really want to do the challenge together with a friend, always keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres and observe the measures given by the government and the RIVM! Always think about your own safety and that of others around you!
It doesn't matter which of the four days you complete your Virtual Edition, as long as it's on one of the four dates listed in the title above! After each day, a daily summary is shared with the total number of kilometers ran by all Vikings together! #strongertogether!
YES! We ask our participants to share a screenshot/photo of their run/route afterwards! Fill out the form and complete your Virtual Edition challenge!
INDEED IT WILL! If you are entitled to a Strong Viking medal, you will get your Strong Viking medal sent home after the event!
During the Virtual Editions you can choose between a 'Basic' and/or a 'Premium' ticket. Both tickets count towards the Medal-for-LIFE system! However, when purchasing a Premium ticket you will also receive an official Strong Viking Finisher T-shirt afterwards!
- 4K/50 = 4000 meters of running, with a total of 50 workout repetitions.
- 7K/100 = 7000 meters of running, with a total of 100 workout repetitions.
- 13K/200 = 13000 meters of running, with a total of 200 workout repetitions.
- 19K/300 = 19000 meters of running, with a total of 300 workout repetitions.
Still not clear? Check the following image to see howmany times and when you need to start your workouts!
The Viking100 is a module set up by the organization of Strong Viking. It tests the physical fitness of our participants and helps you as a participant to determine which Strong Viking distance fits your fitness level the best!
Viking100 (total 100 reps.):
5x Pull Ups
20x Squat jumps
30x Sit Ups
10x Push Up
20x Walking Lunges
If you do the 4k/50 you do the Viking50
8x Burpees 2x Pull Ups 10x Squat jumps 15x Sit Ups 5x Push Up 10x Walking Lunges