7 obstacle run essentials
Don't forget to bring these things to your next obstacle run!
Before the next obstacle course run/race you are most likely excited, nervous and full of anticipation and adrenaline! It is particularly annoying, however, if you've forgotten to pack something important or essential because of all this excitement. That's why we've done the thinking for you and made this checklist!
1. Good grip shoes: Crawling through mud and water or climbing up-hill is (obviously) really slippery. To prevent injuries, we advise you to bring shoes with good grip. They can make the difference between getting through an obstacle or not and help with balance on slippery tracks. You don't know where to find them? Just check our webshop!
2. Tight, breathable sportswear: During the run, your clothes will get wet and covered in mud (if you did it right!). So it's important to keep your body as warm and as dry as possible. Tight clothes makes it less likely to get hooked on things and make running in wet clothes more bearable. Breathable sportswear dries faster and keeps your body temperature stable! Golden tip: NO COTTON!
3. Gloves & socks: The mud at our obstacle runs is very thick and well... muddy. The soil may also contain small rocks and twigs so gloves always come in handy. In addition, good socks prevent blisters (and are too often forgotten at home) and gloves can be a real asset for gripping those tough obstacles.
4. Towel: fun Strong Viking fact: one of the most forgotten items! Not only will you get wet on the track, but also during your shower afterwards. Even if you don't want to shower (ugh!), it's always handy to have something dry and warm to wrap yourself in (a dryrobe or bath robe is also nice).
5. Change of clothes & shoes: After the run, your clothes will be wet and covered in mud (if you did it right!). So, before you sit down and have a few drinks with your Viking buddy’s, you should put on warm and dry clothes. Don't forget the underwear and spare socks!
6. Plastic bag: Also something not a lot of participants think about. After you put on your dry and warm clothes, you'll want to have something to put your muddy things in: a plastic bag for example! Big trash bags are great, just don't forget to unpack it all once you're home (moldy clothes anyone?).
7. Vikingmode:Remember to bring that attitude, you know, the one you had when you signed up; that determination and motivation. You don't have to be the best, you just have to bring your best and have fun! Never forget about the Viking Pledge, go for it. Oorah!